Voting will be officially open from 04 October 2021 at 09:00 to 06 October 2021 at 20:00 via a secure online voting system.
The SRC Constitution provides for the election of both Central SRC and Campus SRC by registered students registered for formal subsidized qualifications. Student organizations and/or independent candidates of a particular campus may contest two positions of Central SRC.
Each student registered for a formal subsidized qualification has the right to:
- cast one vote for each position of the campus SRC of the campus on which the person is registered;
- cast one vote for each position of the Central SRC of the campus on which the person is registered.
In order to cast a vote:
- the name of a voter has to appear on a voters’ roll;
- a voter must produce and/or enter a valid student card/number or valid proof of registration and identity.
- In the event of a student’s name not appearing on the voters’ roll or the entered student number and other safety mechanisms are found to be invalid, the student must provide valid proof of registration and identity, after which the relevant representative of the Electoral Committee may add such a student’s name to the voter’s roll or assist with the login with an accompanying note explaining the nature of proof of registration that was produced.
- Voting must be by secret ballot.
Each voter may cast:
- one vote for the candidate or student society of person’s choice for each position of the campus SRC;
- one vote for the candidate or student society of person’s choice for each position of the Central SRC.