Click HERE to view postgraduate qualifications on offer in 2021/22
Postgradaute resource guide
Click HERE for more information
Click HERE for more information on the postgraduate school
- Advanced Diploma qualifications are classified as undergraduate. It is however processed (administratively) as a postgraduate qualification due to previous studies involved and different application closing dates.
- In some instances research Masters and Doctoral students are expected to pre-register. Please refer to the specific Faculty/College information to determine whether you need to pre-register.
- Applicants may only apply for two study choices. These study choices may not be amended once they have been chosen.
- The University of Johannesburg does simultanious admissions. Therefore, should an applicant qualify for both choices, the applicant may be admitted/conditionally admitted/provisionally selected for both choices. In cases where an applicant has been admitted for both choices, it is up to the applicant to decide for which qualification they want to register. The alternative choice not registered for, will then be automatically be cancelled/declined.
- Before you submit your online application and upload/email documents, please visit the relevant faculty/department website to confirm additional documentation that may be required e.g. departmental application form, CV, motivation, thesis etc.
- Applicants transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to upload a full academic record/transcript and degree/diploma certificate (if applicable). Please refer to “Document upload requirements when applying online” below for more information on uploading of documents.
- Honours, Masters and Doctorate applications towards Clinical and Counselling Psychology are requested to apply directly to the Department.
- To verify or update your cell number/email details – contact the UJ Call Centre on 011 559 4555.
- The University of Johannesburg would like to alert you that there are individuals /companies claiming to work for, or with the University of Johannesburg and are charging a fee to assist with applications. Online applications are free and we caution you to not fall victim to such a scam.
Checklist for applying
- Valid email address (Gmail or Yahoo mail account).
- Document upload requirements when applying online (not applicable to applicants currently in grade 12 or internal transfer/Senior applicants):
- All documents must be certified
- Ensure that the scanned file is a maximum of 512KB
- Documents are scanned in any of the following types – tiff, pdf, jpg or gif
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded as separate attachments
- Alternatively, documents can be emailed to email@example.com with the provisional reference/student number noted in the subject line of the email.