The Faculty offers learners a preferred experience; innovative methods of training with a focus on problem-based education complemented by appropriate facilities including a well-equipped dissection facility and laboratories. Our on site Health Training Centre ensures that students receive a wide range of relevant experience under the supervision of qualified practitioners, complemented by placements irrelevant service rendering facilities.
Postgraduate studies form an important component of the Faculty’s activities. In collaboration with various partners, including but not exclusive to the National Research Foundation, Medical Research Council, and World Health Organisation, we strive to address key challenges relevant to the South African situation.
The Faculty offers learners a preferred experience; innovative methods of training with a focus on problem-based education complemented by appropriate facilities including a well-equipped dissection facility and laboratories. Our on site Health Training Centre ensures that students receive a wide-range of relevant experience e under the supervision of qualified practitioners, complemented by placements in relevant service rendering facilities. Information about all our 2020 health undergraduate courses can be found on our prospectus below.
- BHS Chiropratic
- BHS Complementary Medicine
- BHS/ Diploma Emergency Medical Care
- BHS Environmental Health Tech
- B Nursing
- Honours Degree Programmes
- Masters Degree Programmes (EMC, Nursing Science, Master of Public Health)
- Masters Degree Programmes (Biomedical Sciences,Chiropractic,Complementary Medicine
- Masters Degree Programmes (Environmental Health, Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
- MPhil (Biokinetics Sport Management, Optometry)
- Doctor of Health Sciences Programmes
The admission requirements for this programme will adhere to the University of Johannesburg’s Admission and Selection Policy which is current at the time of the registration for this programme.
The admission process is the first step towards advancing your career. Below are the minimum requirements for applying and a list of the required documents you will need when you submit your application for the Master of Public Health 100% online programme.
- A Health-related qualification at NQF Level 8 such as Environmental Health, Public Health, MbChB, Social Work, Physiotherapy, Nursing, or other related equivalent qualification. Non-South African students need to apply to SAQA for verification of the equivalence of the entry qualification; AND
- An average of 65% for the NQF Level 8 qualification; AND
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in the field of Public Health, Environmental Health, and/or Occupational Health and Safety, of which three years must be in a Management position.
Applications from persons with equivalent qualifications will be considered by a constituted status committee in line with the University’s and Faculty’s regulation.
- A certified academic record and a certified copy of highest qualification obtained.
- An updated and detailed CV.
- Evidence of NQF Level of highest qualification
- Proof of work experience.
- A motivation letter.
- A general referee report from a colleague or a recommendation letter.
- SAQA evaluation for non-South African qualifications