UJ Sports, We aim to develop the holistic student-athlete and sustain young talent by providing the ultimate student-experience, quality university sport participation opportunities and the best coaching personnel.
UJ Sport Facilities
As a vibrant and multicultural education institution in South Africa, the University of Johannesburg (UJ) shares the pace and energy of the cosmopolitan Johannesburg city. With this mind, UJ provides the best sports facilities for its high performance athletes, the staff and student population as well as the Johannesburg community.
The University offers a range of well-kept stadia and venues meeting international standards. Some of its stadia have been used by international athletes such as the Serbian team which trained at the A.W Muller Stadium during the 2010 FIFA Soccer World Cup in South Africa.
Its Soweto Sports Complex and the Westdene Stadium have hosted university cup competitions which have and continue to be broadcast on national television.
The UJ Sport facilities are available for hire for conferences, training and other functions required and approved by the University. To book any of the venues, complete and send the Application Form for Use of Sports Facilities.pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These facilities are located across the four campuses in Soweto, Auckland Park, and Doornfontein. Below is an overview of what each campus has to offer in Sport Facilities:
- Auckland Park Kingsway Campus
- Auckland Park Bunting Road Campus
- Doorfontein Campus
- Soweto Campus
Sport Codes Offer
- Rugby and 7’s Rugby
- Sport for Students with Disabilities (SSD)
- Volleyball and Beach Volleyball
At UJ Sport we offer:
- Sport participation opportunities on high performance, competitive and recreational levels
- Nationally recognised coaching personnel
- Sport facilities of international standards
- Academic guidance, monitoring and support
- Sport science and high performance support
- Accommodation for UJ Sport student-athletes
- The ultimate student-athletes experience