UJ Faculty Of Education
In the Faculty of Education we believe that education has the power to transform human lives. The Faculty consists of a community of scholars who are enthusiastically working towards serving and building education in the greater Johannesburg area and in this country through teaching, research and community engagement.
We offer Initial Professional Education of Teachers Programmes, Continuous Professional Development of Teachers Programmes as well as Masters and Doctoral Programmes in the Faculty.
- The Initial Professional Education of Teacher Programmes (BEd and PGCE) that we offer as well as our Advanced Certificate and BEd Hons programmes aim at preparing caring, accountable and critical-reflective educational practitioners who are able to support and nurture learning and development in diverse educational contexts.
- Our Masters’ Programmes (coursework and dissertation based) aim at providing qualifying students with knowledge and skills that will enable them to function as critical-reflective, competent and accountable education practitioners and researchers who can contribute to the development of education knowledge at an advanced level.
- Our Doctoral Programme Students are required to undertake research at an advanced academic level culminating in the production, defence and acceptance of a thesis. Students are guided by committed and expert supervisors to acquire and demonstrate high-level research capability and make a significant and original academic contribution to the field of Education.
Courses and Programmes
Initial Teacher Education Programmes / Undergraduate
Post Graduate Certificate
- Online Programmes: Advanced Diploma in School Leadership and Management
- Online Programmes: Master of Education in Information and Communication Technology
- Online Programmes: Master of Education in Educational Management
- Online Programmes: Bachelor of Education Honours in Education Leadership and Management
Postgraduate and Continuous Professional Development Programmes